Date:      Sun, 04 Aug 2002 09:51:26 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mixing SMTP auth methods

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 21:12:17 -0500 (CDT), in =
sentex.lists.freebsd.questions
you wrote:

>	Hi all.  I got a question.  Is there a way that I can setup
>sendmail for both user/pass auth and IP auth?  I know that sendmail
>determins if a user is allowed to relay though a server based on the
>relay-domains file, but I also want users who aren't on our IP pool to =
be
>able to use our SMTP servers via standard user/pass authentication.
>
>	How can I mix these two on the same server without causing issues?

Have a look at  the AUTH_MECHANISMS docs. If I recall correctly, it just
takes one match to "win." i.e. it wont look for all to match.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)