Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:33:03 +0100
From:      Frank Louwers <frank@student.rug.ac.be>
To:        William Woods <freebsd@cybcon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound on a Thinkpad 770E

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 10:40:23PM -0800, William Woods wrote:
> Anyone get sound working on a Thinkpad 770E? If so, what options did you use in

What kind of soundcard does it have? An mwave? If so, there is not much you
can do, as IBM won't release the specs, so nobody can write a driver.

However, it is not completely impossible to use the soundcard, although only
in Soundblaster emulation, which means 8bit sound ...

(if you have an mwave, i'll mail you my config later ...)

frank
--
Frank Louwers                                      Unix System Administrator
PGP:  1024D/3F6A7EDD D597 566A BDF5 BBFB C308  447A 5E81 1188 3F6A 7EDD