Date:      Wed, 03 Jan 2001 21:25:46 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        jwpauler@jwpages.com ("Justin W. Pauler")
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP Security

On 3 Jan 2001 17:23:09 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you =
wrote:

>What kind of tools can I use to block access to a certain IP Address?=20
>
>If I have a shell server, how can I say that only processess named =
'eggdrop'=20
>only can use this certain ip or 'IRCD' can only use this certain IP. Can=
 this=20
>be done?

ipfw

You can also use it to limit by UID / GID as well..

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)