Date:      Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:31:14 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Stec John <stecjohn2005@mail.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw2 - too many dynamic rules

Stec John wrote:
> I need some help with ipfw2 on my squid box
>
> I have too many dynamic rules errors for dns
> Can I insert a dns static rule into my rules (as below) and how?
[ ... ]

# allow DNS,NTP queries out in the world
add pass udp from any 1024-65535 to any 53,123
add pass udp from any 53,123 to any 1024-65535
add pass udp from any 53,123 to any 53,123
add pass tcp from me to any 53 setup keep-state

Note that you probably want to use the combination of "setup keep-state"
elsewhere in your rules, too.

--
-Chuck