Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2010 10:09:40 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, mezz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/153300: configure error for misc/shared-mime-info-0.80

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg@tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> In message <201012201634.oBKGY97Q083871@freefall.freebsd.org>, you wrote:
>
>>Synopsis: configure error for misc/shared-mime-info-0.80
>>
>>State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
>>State-Changed-By: mezz
>>State-Changed-When: Mon Dec 20 16:33:16 UTC 2010
>>State-Changed-Why:
>>Not missing dependency, because it already depends on perl stuff. It sounds
>>like you didn't follow the Perl upgrade in /usr/ports/UPDATING. You need to
>>reinstall all ports that depend on Perl and it will solve your issue.
>>
>>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=153300

<snip>
> Because of this seemingly pervasive problem, I think that you should
> give some consideration to re-opening this PR.

No need to.

> On the other hand, if I am wrong about any part of my analysis, then by
> all means, please do enlighten me as to where I have gone wrong.
<snip>

You have analysis it perfectly for what kind of problem you have. Only
a problem is that you didn't follow in the /usr/ports/UPDATING that
was documented about what you need to do to update your icu.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org