Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:54:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        blokey@indigo.ie
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports

(Send messages like this to -ports next time, please....)

 * I've noticed that as I'm constantly syncing my /usr/ports directory and
 * upgrading programs, the old packages stay there.  If I pkg_delete them and
 * there's an unchanged file that exists in both the update and the original then
 * tat gets deleted too.  Any way of cleanly removing old packages?  Incidentally

pkg_delete the old one before adding the new one? ;)

 * are the ports trees for all the FreeBSD releases the same one?  I mean if I'm
 * running 2.2.x do I still get all the latest ports?

ports-current (the tree you get if you cvsup ports now) only supports
3.1-stable and 4.0-current.  If you're running 2.2.x, you are on your
own.

Satoshi