Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 1995 22:52:43 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mh doesn't compile on thud.cdrom.com

>  * > I don't know if this is a thud problem or port problem, but the mh
>  * > port no longer compiles on thud....
>  *
>  * It works on my system (2.1-current, not yet 2.1 libraries).
>
> Oh....  Can you take a look at the compile problems on thud then?
> I've found mts_init in conf/config.c but have no idea what all that
> config stuff is doing, not having compiled mh myself before.  (And I
> was only trying to figure out why the Japanese mh port someone sent me
> wasn't compiling.)
>
>  * Mark "I think I volunteered as this port's maintainer" Murray
>
> Satoshi "Great!!!  And you already have a thud account!!!" Asami :)

Hi

This is now fixed.

Proof (by intimidation):

1) Assume that the port is not broken.
1a) Therefore something else is...

2) Assume that the linking is broken.
2a) Wait for linker related bugs to come in.
2b) Wait for linker related fixes to come in.
2c) Rebuild system.
2d) Rebuild MH - with success!

3) Result - working MH.

4) Conclusion: Murray is a genius.

5) Further steps - please unmark MH as being broken, and pass me a HUGE
   medal for comig up with such a _brilliant_ fix.

Mark Murray
46 Harvey Rd, Claremont, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
+27 21 61-3768 GMT+0200