Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 14:32:11 +0100
From:      Garrett Burke <Garrett.Burke@msc.ie>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   amandad looping on FreeBSD 2.2.7

Hi,

Has anyone come across amandad looping on FreeBSD 2.2.7 using xinetd, which
then deactivates it?

I have tried the package that comes with 2.2.7, rebuilt the port (2.4.0p1)
and gone back to using amanda-2.4.0b6 which I use on the server host
(Solaris 2.5.1) and another FreeBSD box (2.2-BETA).

The server and the 2.2-BETA box work fine talking to each other.

I have seen the messages on the amanda-users list concerning Linux and
Amanda being unable to find the sharedlibraries, but ldconfig tells me that
it knows the location of libamanda.so

I have tried a static build, but to no avail.

Is there any way to provoke amandad to output logging when run from xinetd?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
GB

------
Garrett Burke, Network Administrator, Managed Solutions,
Pembroke House, 8-10 Lowr Pembroke St, Dublin 2
Ph: 63 99 700
A loaf of bread, a cup of wine and thou.