Date:      Fri, 7 Jan 100 08:00:46 +1100 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
To:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com (Matthew Dillon)
Cc:        committers@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 code freeze scheduled for Jan 15th

In some email I received from Matthew Dillon, sie wrote:
[...]
>     We are not going to repeat the 3.0 mess.   IPV6 and IPSEC are important,
>     but not important enough to delay the already-delayed 4.0 release.  4.1
>     is not too late for these babies.
[...]

Well, let me put it this way.

4.0-RELEASE sounds like it will start becoming available at about the same
time as other OS's make new releases *with* IPv6/IPSec.  You work it out
whether or not FreeBSD will win or lose from those two being there or not
there.

btw, I completely agree with the need to have good pccard/pcmcia support.
For the first time there was a real reason for me to ditch FreeBSD on an
Intel platform box (my laptop) and go with NetBSD where my 3c589d works
just fine.

Darren