Date:      Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:20:56 -0500
From:      "Haulmark, Chris" <chris@sigd.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: "Designed for FreeBSD" stickers

Someone broke the silence:=20

>> Now we need to slap few graphic designers and a marketer together and =
lock
>> them up in a closet.
>=20
>=20
> You want to slap them and then lock them up in a closet?
> They'll probably
> all eat the marketer for suggesting that Windows is better than
> either FreeBSD or Mac.=20

Nice diet?

After few more minutes of thinkings, 'Powered by' is more suitable than =
'Designed for'.

I work as a system administrator.  We have mixture of Linux, Windows, =
Freebsd(thanks to me) in our server room.  It's pretty sad when I can =
see the Windows and the Linux (redhat - slackware) logos stuck on the =
front of the rack servers.

We show our potential clients to our production server rooms whenever =
they request for it.  They always ask what those (freebsd) servers are =
running because there are no logo stickers.  I ended up sticking a white =
label with black arial font "FreeBSD."  Is this what FreeBSD systems =
deserve?

FreeBSDsystems had couple of nice logos on their server packages.  I =
think that we should set few samples up for the community to use.

For myself, I want one so I can stick it on my desktop at home so it'll =
look better to casual computer users and to annoy my wife that my =
desktop is better than her gentoo desktop.

Chris