Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:47:20 +0500 (YEKT)
From:      =?koi8-r?B?6czY0SD7ydDJw8nO?= <ilia@chel.skbkontur.ru>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kerberos 5

Salut, Sean Chittenden !

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Sean Chittenden wrote:

> > what is the difference between MIT and KTH versions ?
>
> MIT is more feature complete in an enterprise space.  Heimdal is
> decent, but doesn't have any of the nifty features that MIT does
> (password classes and expiration).  All the same, Heimdal has readline
> support and that's a heavy point in Heimdal's favor.
>
> > what is security/krb5 ? is it legal for Russia ? is it different from
> > MIT Kerberos included with base distribution ?
>
> MIT isn't included with the base.  I use security/krb5 and it works
> great.  Heimdal doesn't work with CVS or PostgreSQL to my knowledge.

for using Heimdal I must include MAKE_KERBEROS5=3Dyes to /etc/make.conf
what do I have to put to /etc/make.conf for MIT Kerberos (from ports) ?
how to compile it with Kerberos IV support ?

> -sc
>
> --
> Sean Chittenden

Regards, (=EE=C1=C9=CC=D5=DE=DB=C9=C5 =D0=CF=D6=C5=CC=C1=CE=C9=D1)
Ilia Chipitsine (=E9=CC=D8=D1 =FB=C9=D0=C9=C3=C9=CE)