Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:39:09 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Info on SCSI error seriousness

Hello.
Today I read this in the logs of a server I manage:

 > kernel: mly0: logical device 0 (da0)  critical
 > kernel: mly0: physical device 0:0  sense data received
 > kernel: mly0:   sense key 4  asc 01  ascq 00
 > kernel: mly0:   info 00c06d5f  csi 00000000

Still, giving:

# camcontrol devlist

shows:

 > <RAID 5 online >                   at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da0)

I'm confused about the interpretation of the above codes: looks like an
hardware error, which is explained as "NO INDEX/SECTOR SIGNAL", but that
doesn't mean much to me.

Any insight?

Should I worry about this (unique for now) warning?

  bye & Thanks
	av.