Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 14:05:19 -0700
From:      "Mr. M" <mistrM@gtemail.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Amusing: LinuxCountry site runs on FreeBSD :)

> Actually, people are less afraid of Linux because it has a cute, cuddly
> penguin for a mascot instead of a satanic daemon :)

Get real.  The daemon is so cute!  ;)

I came from a DOS/Windoze world to Linux and now FreeBSD.  Too put it
bluntly the lack of decent documentation for FreeBSD is what is keeping
people away.  Other than the seriously ancient book from Walnut Creek and
the Manual on freebsd.org there is nothing out there.

There are so many resources for Linux users it's not funny.  I can't believe
how many books are on the shelf at my local bookstore.  I swear I thought I
saw "The Joy of Linux Sex" and "Martha Stewart's Linux Living"! <jk>

Where is "Running FreeBSD" from O'Reilly?  How about another 70lb book from
SAMS called "FreeBSD Unleased"?

If you want to see FreeBSD become more popular you have to make more
resources available to people so it will be much easier for them to learn.

I love Linux.  I don't think anyone who uses Linux wants to harm or hinder
BSD users in any way.  However, the same is not true for Microsoft.  Let's
remember who our friends and enemies really are.

Take care,

Mario