Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:06:58 -0800
From:      Beecher Rintoul <akbeech@northwindcom.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which book should I start?

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 11:52 am, Laszlo Antal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Bsd. I did a lot of research on the net which book should I
> start with.
> I got two of them. I can not deside which one should I start.
> Here are my books::
> - The Complet FreeBSD. 4th Edition
>   From O'Reilly, Greg Lehey.
>
> - Absolute BSD The ultimate guide to FreeBSD.
>   From Michael Lucas.
>
> Thank you for all the advise.
>
> Laszlo
>
> One more questione the complete freebsd covers
> Bsd 5. I have the FreeBsd 4.8.
> Do I need to buy the version 5 ??
>
> Thank you again
> --lantal

I would start with Greg's book. I found it invaluable when I was first
learning FreeBSD (still use it occasionally). As for buying FreeBSD-5, you
can upgrade for free. That's also covered in Greg's book. Above all, the
handbook and man are your friends.

just my $.02,

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech@northwindcom.dyndns.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \