Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:52:47 -0600
From:      Porter <ocean@ecenet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   When will 4.3 be available?

Hi, I was a hardcore FreeBSD fan, and have been "out of the loop" for
almost 2 years now.  (Back when 4.0 was just about to be released) I am
about to order the 4.X on CD, but I'm wondering if I should wait for
4.3, which is "on backorder" according to cdrom.com, and is slated to be
released March 2001.  If it seems like it will be released early March,
and ship soon after that, I'll wait for 4.3, otherwise, I'd rather get
4.2 now and upgrade later.  I plan on getting the FreeBSD handbook
also.  Does anyone know who wrote this book?  I know Greg Lehey whote
the Complete FreeBSD manual, of which I have the first edition, but I
couldn't tell who wrote this book.  (Greg did a great job on the book I
have)  Please don't take this in any way to rush the release, I just
haven't been a part of the mailing lists for a couple of years now.  If
anybody know of any major reason to wait for 4.3 such as some cool new
software just added, let me know.  I have no special equipment needs,
except for an older CD-R (IDE)  Thanks a lot and I hope to get back into
the community as soon as I can!
Michael Porter
ocean@ecenet.com