Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:08:53 -0600 (CST)
From:      Braulio =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Solano_Rojas?= <braulio@solsoft.co.cr>
To:        "Brett Glass" <brett@lariat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-user-groups@freebsd.org, Tom Wickline <twickline@gmail.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wine compatibility and performance on FreeBSD 7

On Mon, 10 de Diciembre de 2007, 10:41 pm, Brett Glass wrote:
> It's worth noting that the WINE project, not long ago, abandoned
> the BSD license for the GPL despite urging from many sources to keep
> the code open and free for use by developers. We've stopped using it
> as a result.

You can find the story of what happened in the Wikipedia.  There is still
this:  http://www.cedega.com/rewind/, if you like better the X11 license.
You still have *freedom* of choice.

Regardless of the current license of Wine they have merit for what they
have done.  Any open source developer regardless of his "Creed" has merit
in fact.

;-)