Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:12:08 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 CD, crypto and SSH

On Sun, Jun 18, 2000 at 10:57:13PM -0700, Mike Smith wrote:

> > I've installed 4.0 from CD.  AFAICT, I've answered all the questions properly -
> > I'm not in the US (and the installed make.conf confirms it), and I've installed
> > the crypto distribution from the CD.  But SSH won't work, it complains about a
> > missing rsaref library.
> >
> > I've obviously done something dumb, but I'll claim it is because sysinstall is
> > misleading!
>
> Er, why not just install the rsaref port, like it tells you to?

Ehm... I am not in the US, and my rsaref port's License says:

    6.   You can't send or transmit (or cause to be transmitted)
          RSAREF outside the United States or Canada, or give it to
          anyone who is not a U.S. or Canadian citizen or doesn't have
          a "green card."

This is plain enough... instead you should fetch the librasintl *package*
but I do not know where exactly it is... sysinstall tries to locate it
during install, but if it cannot fetch it, because eg you do not have
network connectivity at the time, then you have to do it manually... sorry,
I do not know any more, I upgraded here via source and there were no probs
there...

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM