Date:      Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:42:42 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VIMAGE and pf?

On Jun 19, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Stefan Bethke wrote:

> Am 19.06.2011 um 05:07 schrieb Julian Elischer:
>=20
>> On 6/18/11 3:53 AM, Stefan Bethke wrote:
>>> Is VIMAGE supposed to be compatible with pf?  On r223207 (8-stable) =
I'm getting a panic when pfctl loads the rules:
>>=20
>>=20
>> no they are not compatible.. there are comatibilty patches but we =
have so far failed to get them into the tree.
>=20
> Aw, too bad.
>=20
> I'm trying to get some processes, maybe a full jail, to use a seperate =
ADSL (PPPoE) connection as their default route, and I'm a bit flummoxed =
by the options.
>=20
> It seems that pf won't allow me to reference jails in rules (according =
to pf.conf(5)), but I could have those processes run as a certain user.
>=20
> Alternatively, I think I should be able to use setfib(1) with =
ROUTETABLES.  Any advice on how I would configure mpd5 and/or a jail?

I had posted a patch and I thought (maybe even committed to HEAD?) that =
restricts pf to the base system so you could use it from there, it =
wouldn't panic but not be available from within vnets.

For mpd5 to work inside a jail and create interfaces etc. you would need =
VNETs.  For moving mpd interfaces into a JAIL you would need VNETs.

If you just want mpd in base and services in a jail static IPs could do =
the trick.  Jails can exists without the IPs present -- listening =
services will be more tircky.

Ok, just a patch it seems, not committed; try to see if it still applies =
to stable/8.  If not I can probably update it quickly:
=
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2010-September/0=
00509.html

/bz

--=20
         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.=