Date:      Fri, 8 May 2020 00:15:12 +0200
From:      Maciej Suszko <maciej@suszko.eu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
Subject:   Re: Microsoft Teams for Linux

--vEoe3khsJsqT7LqeFq6DcjM6ydJBNOuuY

--CZ9UtiwaAt49dlBQIfa97ogG3GtwDtUAj

On 5/7/20 2:24 PM, Jerry wrote:
> On Thu, 7 May 2020 14:43:46 +0300, Alexandr Krivulya commented:
>> 06.05.20 10:09, Maciej Suszko =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82:
>>> Just adding freebsd-questions list - anyone here who tried to run or
>>> use Microsoft Teams web/app ?
>>>
>>> On 5/5/20 2:52 PM, Maciej Suszko wrote: =20

>> Yesterday I tried to call my colleague via Microsoft Teams web-app=20
>> (latest Firefox on CURRENT, spoofed User-Agent). Yes, there is no
>> audio and video at all in both directions.
>>
>> If I run desktop version with linux strace and it crashes. I think it =

>> because of unimplemented cgroups calls. Both Microsoft Teams and Skype=
=20
>> are Electron applications, that tries to run chromium in isolated=20
>> environment.
>  <Truncated by me>
>=20
> There is information on
> <https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients>; that
> should assist you. It clearly states that "FIREFOX" is NOT SUPPORTED.
> "Spoofing" a user agent is a waste of time. "You cannot make a silk
> purse out of a sow's ear." Now, Google Chrome, the latest version plus
> two previous versions are FULLY SUPPORTED. Install that and then see
> what happens.

One thing is written on the page, the other is real... I use current
www/chromium and I can't confirm that

#v+
tlhscd@arsenic:~ $ chrome --version
Chromium 81.0.4044.129
#v-

Someone can tell chromium !=3D Chrome - that's true, but as far as I know=
,
there is no official Google Chrome for FreeBSD.

> By the way, I made a suggestion on the TEAMS page that FreeBSD should
> be supported since they support Linux. I have already received a couple=

> of "Thumbs UP" responses.

Thanks, but I'm realistic - that's similar situation to Widevine - there
are still no binaries for FreeBSD-based browsers... watching Netflix on
FreeBSD - only on virtualbox or bhyve machine.

--=20
regards, Maciej Suszko.