Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 03:34:11 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Quintin Roux" <quintin@topspeed.co.za>
Cc:        "Questions FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ed0 Timeout

>I have a problem trying to get my Network Card running.
>
>FreeBSD Detects it correctly but when trying to run the GateWay it says
>"device ed0 timeout" what could be causing this?

   The message means that the driver didn't get an interrupt that it expected
to get. It could mean that the interrupt is misconfigured in the kernel, or
it could mean that the interrupt is conflicting with another card's interrupt,
or it could mean that the card didn't generate an interrupt for some other
reason - such as the cable not being plugged in or the media (10baseT/AUI)
being misconfigured.

-DG

David Greenman