Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:56:00 -0000
From:      "Aidan Whyte" <aidanwhyte@eircom.net>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   supported 802.11a pcmcia cards

Hi everyone, I'm back to bug you a bit more unfortunately :)

I've been looking at 802.11a pc-cards for freebsd, but I'm rather confused as to what exactly is
supported. Under the ath driver, there's a list (
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ath&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.3-RELEASE&format=html )
of supported cards, with a note at the end saying an up to date list can be found here (
http://customerproducts.atheros.com/customerproducts ). The confusion arises because far more cards
appear in the atheros list - in fact, it appears like it may be the entire atheros range of wireless
products.

So, is the list in the ath man page exhaustive for currently supported ath cards, or should I work
off the atheros.com link when checking to see if cards are supported?

TIA,
Aidan