Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:09:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        tjmsdn@ifrance.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "get_eh_context"  function ???

> I resolved a lot of thinks, but I have a problem with the __get_eh_context
> function. When a link the kernel, I have an error : undefined reference to
> '__get_eh_context'.

This appears to me to be gcc generated support for exception
handling, one of the "heads up!"s that Warner and I gave you earlier.

Compile with "-fno-exceptions" and fix anything that needs exception
handling or be prepared to work it out carefully for yourself.

Be sure you're using the same version of the compiler that the kernel uses.

To reiterate another warning -
don't forget about static constructors!  Static objects
will not have their constructors called unless you arrange to do so.

For this application I personally would do away with them.  Keep
compiling until your object code is 100% reentrant and then write
your own instantiation stubs and call them using the kernel module
facilities.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Fail-Safe systems, Agency approval