Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:46:04 +1100
From:      Sam Izzo <izzo@humbug.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD Recording

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:05:53AM -0500, Justin P. Michel wrote:
> Is there an easy process for CD duplication using FreeBSD V4.7-R, and a
> standard IDE/ATAPI burner?   I used to use "Nero" under Windows, but now am
> lost with "dd" and "burncd", as it seems I have to know beforehand how many
> tracks are on the CD's, and what types they are.

I've recently heard of a program called `arson' for kde.  It's supposedly
pretty good, but I haven't tried it yet.

If you use `cdrecord' you can just give it a list of files to burn.  Or you
can use `mkisofs' to create an iso image of a directory tree and then just
write the image with `cdrecord'.

Oh, I just realised that you wanted to duplicate CDs.  Well I suppose there's
a tool to rip a CD to an iso image; then you can just write it with `cdrecord'
as per normal.

cheers
sam