Date:      29 Apr 99 14:18:23 EDT
From:      Marius M.Rex <MariusRex@netscape.net>
To:        freeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        stuyman@confusion.net
Subject:   RE: Man pages

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 20:55:05 -0400 Laurence Berland wrote:

>Does anyone know where to find the various different man pages in html
>format on the cd?  like the www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi ??  If they are
>on the cd, which i think they should be, is it just the 3.1-R or all the=

>other listed choices too?

     Being the newbie that I am, I just loaded the doc distribution on =

my machine for easy reference.  So on my FreeBSD box the pages are at
/usr/share/doc/handbook.html   There is all the current 3.1 pages, but =

not pages for earlier versions unless those pages are still relevant.  =

(So no, all the versions are not there.  Not on my disk at least.)
     If they are anywhere, uncompressed, they would have to be on the =

live file system. (disk #2, if you got it.)  Though...I assume you =

could get them from the first disk, if you were willing to untar =

and ungzip.  Sound like an unnecessary pain to me.

  =

Marius =

All life is a dance;  =

I just wish I wasn't so clumsy.