Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:10:29 +0100 (BST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Arno J. Klaassen" <arno@heho.snv.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        pyunyh@gmail.com, stable@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7.1-PRERELEASE : bad network performance (nfe0)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Arno J. Klaassen wrote:

> However, the "request/respones" tests are awfull for my notebook (test
> repeated on the notebook for the sake of conviction) :

Is it possible to rerun these tests with a 7.0 kernel of the same general
configuration?  That would help us determine if it's a regression between 7.0
and 7.1, or perhaps a more general issue between 6.x and 7.x.  I wouldn't
reject a hardware, driver, or general stack issue at this point as things are
still fairly unclear.  If it's definitely between 7.0 and 7.1 that the problem
arises, trying a series of kernels spaced at, say, one month intervals in that
period would be quite helpful in narrowing down the source.

Thanks,

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge