Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:21:32 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Odd behavior of " (quote) key in StarOffice port

> Hi.  I've just installed the StarOffice port on my FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE
> box.  Everything seems to be working well, except for one thing.  Whenever
> I type a quotation mark ("), instead of seeing a quotation mark on the
> StarWriter screen, I see a weird-looking symbol (sort of looks like two
> greater-than signs stuck together, ">>")  This symbol also prints out when
> I print my file.

I would imagine the reason is because this is a German software package
that has been ported to English.  That is a standard German method for
printing quotes.  Unfortunately, I haven't any suggestion for how to fix
it beyond possibly checking out their website, mailing list, etc.

Jonathan Fosburgh, wotan@scientist.com , University of Houston Geophysics
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1498

FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations
http://www.freebsd.org
                     We shall not cease from exploration,
                And the end of our exploring shall be to arrive
            Where we started from, and know the place for the first time.
                       --T.S. Eliot, The Four Quartets