Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:03:45 +0000
From:      Tim <root@scratch.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PNP and new bootloader with ELF kernel

Hi,

I am currently running 3.0-RELEASE -current last updated 15th Jan (I
think) and after a make world things were great kernel builds in an
instant, computer boots faster etc etc.

However I am unable to use help in the new bootloader, it sais the file
boot.help cant be found and as such I do not know how to set up my PnP
cards.

Before I used -c at boot followed by pnp 1 enable etc., but this does
not work now.

How do I set up the CSN now as I get CSN 1 disabled and CSN 2 disabled
on boot.

Also I would like to remove the previous boot screen and boot straight
into the new bootloader, so can a dos partition be configured to boot
from the new bootloader

Sorry if this has already been answered anywhere but I cant find it !

Is there any extensive documentation on the new ELF system ?

Thanks for any help

--
Tim