Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:53:57 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: @dirrm for share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES in PLIST

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 03:25:53AM -0800, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

> We can do it the other way around if they are sufficiently "common";
> i.e., add it to BSD.local.dist and remove all the @dirrm's from the
> individual ports.  That way at least the local tree will be consistent
> before and after the pkg_add/delete pair.

I don't like this option for two reasons:

   1.  changes would also have to be made to BSD.x11.dist to cover those
       ports that have locale files and use USE_X_PREFIX

   2.  there doesn't appear to be a canonical list of subdirectories
       below share/locale -- certainly there are massive discrepancies
       between what some ports write, and the existing locale definitions
       in /etc/mtree/BSD.usr.dist -- so keeping things well and truly
       in sync is likely to be a non-trivial matter.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.