Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2011 08:48:27 -0400
From:      Michael Klapheke <mklaphek@cedarpath.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Boot

Hi.  I know this subject has been addressed in other posts, but I cannot se=
em to get it to work.  I have inherited a FreeBSD server and I cannot get i=
t to boot properly.  I read the articles on avoiding having to press the F1=
 key, and I tried to follow the suggestions (note, my disks are labeled "da=
0s1" etc.  instead of "ad0") as in the following:

boot0cfg -B -b /boot/boot0 /dev/da0

or even

fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 /dev/da0

Neither of these prevents the user from having to press the F1 key.

I also read the tutorial on how FreeBSD boots, but I cannot find anything t=
hat helps.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike