Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:30:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Bertrand <iaccounts@northnetworks.ca>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GUI front-end for dump/restore

> >>Actually, I only need it for restore, dump is handled by cron.
> >>
> >>Anyone know of anything?  I basically need a GUI that will load
> >>all the file/directory information off tape and display it so
> >>someone other than me can pick files to restore
> >
> >>(the command-
> >>line interface is too cumberson for many people, it seems)
> >
> > So it seems :o)
> >
> >>If there's none currently available, I'll probably whip one up
> >>in perl.
> >
> > If you get one up and running, I would love to see it. It would be very
> > nice to have people point and click instead of running to me! If you need
> > any assistance let me know. I am fluent with perl, but don't know restore
> > to well. I use amanda. If there are some portions you want help writing
> > that do not directly interact with restore I can probably lend some coding
> > time to such a project. Perhaps web driven?
>
> I'm going to start work on this.  Do you think it's worth a sourceforge
> project?

I have never done anything on sourceforge. I do have about 30 projects of
my own in development, so I would love the opportunity to be part of a new
project. I have a reasonable understanding of CVS, as I run my own server
for my own development, so I say go for it. I will put in as much time as
I can toward development on this project, and I will have the opportunity
to learn what it is like to finally put in to a 'team' project.

Just let me know when and with what I can help. My personal email addr is
steve_AT_northnetworks.ca

Tks!