Date:      Thu, 11 May 2006 12:03:11 -0400
From:      Frank Laszlo <laszlof@vonostingroup.com>
To:        alex.alvarez@freebsd.cl
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tomcat55 port on AMD64

Alex M. Alvarez A. wrote:
> It seems to me excellent that it is the primary port in the future, but this
> is not upgrade is a new servant of which it requires tomcat.
>
> And linux_base-fc3 is i386 not amd64!
>
> Alex

I submitted a patch[1] to fix this issue some time ago, It has to do
with the way linux ports handle ARCH, since the linux emulation port
doesn't work on amd64, its forced to use i386 rpm's. Unfortunately my
efforts were shun by a brick wall, and no changes were made to address
this. I am going to repeat this one more time, ARCH should NEVER be
overwritten, here is yet another example of why.

[1]http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/91911

-Frank laszlo