Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:18:50 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Miromedia PC/TV

Randall Hopper writes:
 > Petri Helenius:
 >  |  I'm trying to use Miromedia's PC/TV on with the latest bt848 driver
 >  |that is from the same site than the fxtv application. For simplicity
 >  |I'm feeding it PAL input into the composite video connector. It seems
 >  |that for some reason it's running in NTSC mode anyway, that is the
 >  |picture is very distorted and without colors.
 >  |Anyone have ideas what to try?
 >
 > Though I think the bt848 supports it, fxtv/the driver don't support auto
 > tuner signal input format detection.  You can specify the signal format and
 > frequency standards to fxtv though.
 >
 > For testing, use command-line options ("-help" shows them all), and once
 > you get what you want, put these in the Fxtv resource file.  E.g. for
 > starters:
 >
 >       fxtv -inputFormat pal -antennaFreqSet weurope -tunerMode antenna

By helpful hand of tomppa@fidata.fi I tried this already and it didn't
change the behaviour. However in the win95 land I get this card
working "fine" (as can be expected for that environment :-)

So there must be something different with the Miro card the
driver/fxtv overlooks compared to hauppauge which works better.

So my options practically are (in no special preference):
- return the cards and get the hauppauge ones
- work with you and get the MIRO specifics of the driver straight

I'm tracking 3.0-current on the box I'm playing with the card and I'm
not doing any "real" work with it (yet) so it's easy to reboot/etc frequently.

Pete