Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 14:30:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Robert Sanders <rsanders@mindspring.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: finger problem going from 2.1R to -current

On Mon, 15 Jan 1996, Garrett A. Wollman wrote:

> >  TCP extensions just seem to cause trouble for
> > the Average Joe.
>
> I doubt it.  In any case, somebody has to keep the commercial vendors
> honest.  The correct response to this problem is to complain to the
> vendors who made the broken software.  (You might point them at an
> RFC---I forget its number---entitled ``TCP and IP bake-off''.)

	That should be the correct way to do it since it's the other
vendors who has it broken and not FreeBSD for sure since it's AIX we're
talking about here and AIX isn't exactly well written...

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin