Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:04:45 +0100
From:      Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>, gnome freebsd <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gdm2 things

Am 2003.02.21 03:29 schrieb(en) Joe Marcus Clarke:
> On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 20:04, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I'm logging in with gdm2 and run gnome2 some apps, ...  and log
>
> > out of gnome, gdm comes up with a new display, with the message:
> > display :0 was busy, started on dislplay :1.
> >
> > Is that normal?
>
> Normal, yes, good, no.  It's a bug, but I haven't had time to pursue
> it.  If you want to take it up with the gdm authors, be my guest.

Hm.  I think I'm not good enaugh.

> > When I start a new new login via the system categorie of the gnome
> > menu, gdm starts correctly on a new display.  When I login and
> logout
> > there, the gdm is shut down, and it gets me back to my other
> display.
> > Where I have to type my password again.  Can I configure, that gdm
> does
> > not come back to the other display, just starts new there?
> >
> > And one more question.  How can I get for a user on loging out of
> gnome
> > the shutdown entries in the logout menu?
>
> I'm not sure I understanding what you're asking here.

Two things:

1.  Can I start a new login via the gnome menu, 'gdmflexiserver' seems
to be the command which will be started, I can login once more.  When I
then logout of gnome there, I get back to my first gnome session, but I
want to get a gdm login screen again.

2. When I log out from gnome as root (normaly I don't log in to X with
root) I can select 'logout', 'halt', 'reboot' on logging out.  I want
to get that also for specific users.  How can I do that?

Martin