Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 23:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "David C. Kulp" <dkulp@cse.ucsc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw, pptp, natd

I am trying to establish a PPTP connection from a client inside an ipfw
firewall to an external PPTP server.  I've searched the web, but found
little information -- and what I did find appeared to be out of date
(regarding natd's -pptpalias option, for example).

I'm running FBSD 4.7-RC.  Could someone help me out and set the record
straight?  I currently have simply a hole in my firewall for the "gre"
protocol and also I allow the pptp socket (and any other TCP connection
initiated internally).

 allow gre from any to any via $ext_if

Thanks for your help!