Date:      Mon, 05 Jul 1999 17:14:25 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
Cc:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha kernel build failure (w/patch)

In message <64807.931197577@pinhead.parag.codegen.com> Parag Patel writes:
: Just curious, but is there a reason that these lines aren't simply
:
: 	sc->wb_btag = BUS_SPACE_IO;
:
: with this macro being set to the correct machine-specific one in some
: appropriate header file?  I'm sure I'm missing something...

Yes.  The bus tag should be obtained from new-bus's functions rather
than it being hard coded.

Also, the bus space on more complicated machines might be different
than just I/O.  In fact, even on Pccard machines one can make a good
case for it being a different bus tag...

Warner