Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:18:22 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Richard Paris <light_speed@iname.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WHat do I download?

Richard Paris wrote:

> I really want to download of the latest FreeBSD of the FTP site and just
> downloaded about 700MB worth...But what did I just download? There are so
> many hard links etc.... Isn't there just one directory that has the whole
> cd-rom or cds there? What dirs do I have to download to get the whole
> thing? I don't want to burn it onto CDROM only to find out that I am
> missing files once I try and install it.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> LightSpeed.

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-doc" in the body of the message
Hi
1) This is not the right list: ask on freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
2) You do not need to download everything. The better way to install
FreeBSD is using two boot floppies that will fetch and install FreeBSD
for you:
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html

Check "3. If you don't have a CDROM distribution then simply read ..."
Thank You
--
[Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][French piss me off - Cartman, South Park]
[The FreeBSD User Guide][http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/freebsd/]