Date:               Tue, 6 Jun 1995 15:25:36 EST5EDT
From:      "Andrew Webster" <awebster@dataradio.com>
To:        brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         Re: kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo

> From:           brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger)
> Subject:        Re: kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo
> To:             awebster@dataradio.com (Andrew Webster)
> Date sent:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 11:59:52 -0700 (PDT)
> Copies to:      freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

> > I am running FreeBSD 2.0R, and I have defined 3 aliases to my network
> > card (for backward compatability), and now I am getting these messages in
> > the syslog, several hundred occurances per hour infact.
> > "kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo".
>
> >   http://www.dataradio.com              Email: awebster@dataradio.com
>
> I ran into this when mixing and matching kernels and sys distributions.

Hmm, strange, I've never mixed & matched any parts of the OS, it is a
stock 2.0Release.

> In my experience, just upgrade everything to one of the SNAPs or
> to 2.0.5a and it the problem should go away.

Argh, more work, this is currently a production system, so upgrades are a
pain, and I am waiting until 2.1R comes out, or maybe 2.0.5R at the
earliest.

  Andrew Webster   Network Manager / Special Projects
  Dataradio Inc.   200-5500 Royalmount Ave.      TEL: +1 514 737 0020
  Town of Mount Royal, QC, CANADA  H4P 1H7       FAX: +1 514 737 7883
  http://www.dataradio.com              Email: awebster@dataradio.com