Date:      Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:23:47 -0700
From:      Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
To:        "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X11+ssh+jail

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2006, at 5:44 PM, Micah wrote:
>

>> I'm having problems trying to get X11 to forward from an ezjail
>> created jail environment. Here's what happens:
>>
>> trisha% ssh -X 10.0.0.1
>> test% xclock
>> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.
>
> Are you doing an su or something before you run the X program?  I have
> not had problems launching X programs in side a jail over ssh but I did
> get that same error when I did an su first since I was no longer my
> username.  I copied the .Xauthority over from my user into ~root and it
> worked.  (In case anyone asks, I was testing a system management app
> that needs to run as root to access some stuff and I was just testing it
> for someone. I don't normally run X things at all or as root )
>
> Chad
>
>> X connection to test:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
>>
>> I added "X11UseLocalhost no" to sshd_config as suggested on the lists
>> a while back, but it didn't change anything.
>>
>> Host is:
>> trisha# uname -a
>> FreeBSD trisha.eidolonworld 6.1-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p3 #1:
>> Sat Jul 15 15:48:17 PDT 2006
>> root@trisha.eidolonworld:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TRISHA  i386
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Micah
>
> ---
> Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
> Your Web App and Email hosting provider
> chad at shire.net

Nope I didn't su, I just ssh'd in as a regular user and immediately
tried xclock. I also tried ssh'ing in as root to see if it's a perms
problem, but root gets the same error. Maybe I've got a configuration
error somewhere? ezjail mounts much of the file system ro, maybe that's
causing a problem?

Thanks,
Micah