Date:      Sat, 25 May 1996 20:45:56 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Version of BIND in -stable

Randy Terbush wrote in message ID
<199605251924.OAA08328@sierra.zyzzyva.com>:
> Has anyone considered upgrading sources for BIND in -stable?
> Last I looked it was a fairly old (and buggy) version.

Dunno. I thought it had come across? Oops. I was wrong. Ok. I wouldn't
have any objections.

> newsyslog

What newsyslog?

> compat code

Compat code? You mean the linux emu? If so, then no. The changes are
too far reaching in the kernel and make the change quite risky.

> devfs

Devfs isn't anywhere close to being ready for the big time, and it
requires umpteen changes throughout the kernel, some of which don't
work as they should. So: NO.

Gary