Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 12:12:49 +0930
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        Frank Walder <jlsmbg@home.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD download

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 07:41:24PM -0400, Frank Walder wrote:

> 	I am currently running a network of seven computers at home, four Win2000,
> one NetWare5, and one blank.  I want to dedicate the blank machine to
> running your BSD.  I went to your FreeBSD.org website on my Win2000 Server
> to download the operating system, but have had some problems.  First, the
> IE5.5 locks up when I click on the ftp hyperlink.  second, my CuteFTP client
> errors out with "425 Can't build data connection: Operation timed out." when
> I log on anonymously.

That sounds like you're having a problem with firewalling. Are you
behind a firewall? Perhaps you should try passive FTP.

> 	I want to remove Bill Gates from my life, but your site is not making that
> easy. It might be free, but it is not easy either.  I can be contacted by
> email at jlsmbg@hotmail.com or by telephone at 610-583-0556.

That's good. FreeBSD isn't that hard to get into -- it seems that you're
having a few difficulties with FTP, nothing more. Failing the suggestion
above, you might be able to try looking for a local UNIX user group --
they're bound to have CDs that you can copy.

   - andrew

--
void signature () {
	cout << "Andrew Reid -- andrew.reid@plug.cx" << endl;