Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 12:22:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Questions Mailgroup)
Subject:   IBM SCSI 730M SCSI drive,  again....

   Closer still, but not quite.

   I found an IBM html site that gives me some of the _exact_
   specs on my DSAS-3720 drive.  Which is fine except that
   I need to know how to disklabel the drive to avoid the
   error messages from the scsi driver.

   This may not be all that I need in /etc/disktab, but hopefully
   someone can clue me in on how-to plug in the right numbers.

   Format capacity		730,791,936
   user bytes/logical block	512
   logical blocks/drive		1,427,328
   Cylinders			3302
   Alt				2
   Total cyl			3304
   heads			4
   sectors			108
   RPM				4500

   I was surprised at how far off the mark the probe routines of
   the driver were; but then, I understand that these need to be
   rewritten and tuned.

   Anyway, can anybody clue me in on what steps I need to do
   to (1) create an `ibm3720' section in /etc/disktab; and (2)
   how to use disklabel to write these new data  so that the
   previous errors go-away?

   Thanks, people.

   gary kline