Date:      Sat, 04 Oct 1997 23:09:20 +0000
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DEor=F0ur?= Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
To:        Wei Weng <wweng@stevens-tech.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: newbie question

Wei Weng wrote:

> I dont know what I did wrong. But I got something like /mnt mount error
> stuff when I was trying to install ports collections.(a big part of it)
> And I got error "can't create /tmp/******" when I was going to config X
> windows. So, do I need to set up /tmp directory in my partition or it is
> already in / mounted? And how about my /mnt directory?
> Thank you for replying.

What version are you trying to install?

Where did you get it ? (CD-rom ftp nfs.....)

Whow is the configuration of your computer?

Please give more details it will help!

If you have booted from install diskette and set up the system by that
way
I think this should roll up, Always worked fine for me (at least most
offten)
I always install full installation exept I don't set X-windows up via
sysinstall,
I rather choose to set everything up throug ports collection.

Thordur Ivarsson
thivars@est.is