Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
To:        "Kevin S. Brackett" <ksb@abyss.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: virtusertable

--- "Kevin S. Brackett" <ksb@abyss.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Holtor wrote:
>
> > This seems like the easiest and most clean idea so
> > far but what should the format of the .aliases
> file
> > be?
> >
> > If i make it like so:
> >
> > user1:       user@hotmail.com
> > user2:       user@yahoo.com
> >
> > And I send email to user1@domain.com both user1
> and
> > user2 still get the e-mail.
>
> Have you tried running "newaliases" after adding
> them to the .alias file?

Yes I have. It seems to want to send a copy of the
e-mail to all addresses in my test .aliases file.

I then thought I would need something like
@domain.com        %1@/path/to/.aliases

But i haven't been able to figure anything out. The %1
so it would pass on the username from virtusertable.

I'm sure its possible but it takes some thinking which
isn't comming to mind. I'm also unable to find any
useful samples about what can go into the
virtusertable and aliases file.