Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:54:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>, Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Broadband downunder

On 14 Feb 2001, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
:
:Heh. Norwegian cable providers also officially insist on Windows, but
:IRL they're happy as clams to have the customer install the network
:adapter and drivers himself, as long as he doesn't come whining to
:them if it doesn't work. As for ADSL, the provider from which I've
:ordered my line (not installed yet) says you can use anything you want
:as long as it talks TCP/IP over Ethernet. They're happy to draw the
:line between "mine" and "yours" at the router.
:
Shockingly, I had the same experience ordering DSL from Verizon.  I was
quite clear that I wasn't a Windows user, and was told that wasn't a
problem, as long as my equipment did IP over ethernet and DHCP.  We'll see,
if the hardware ever shows up.

--
dscheidt@tumbolia.com
Bipedalism is only a fad.