Date:      12 Jul 2002 08:55:19 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems getting wireless card working with PCI adaptor

Wayne Pascoe <wayne@penguinpowered.org.uk> writes:

> "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org> writes:
>
> > : I have found that IRQ 5 is used by the onboard usb controller, but
> > : even if I disable in the bios I still get this message popping up.
> >
> > Using a PCI expantion card requires you to use PCI routing.
> >
> > Can you post the complete dmesg?  I need to know how we're setting
> > things up and what you've posted so far isn't sufficient.
>
> I'm attaching a dmesg from a fresh install to this email. All I've
> done to the install is to add the following lines to /etc/rc.conf and
> reboot

Apparantly the dmesg attachment never made it through. I've uploaded
it to
http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/dmesg.txt

Last night I tried a RedHat load and found almost exactly the same
problem with Linux kernel 2.4.18 and pcmcia-cs. So it looks like I'm
missing something fundamental about getting a PCI->PCMCIA card working
:(

--
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    The thing is, I was POSITIVE that I wasn't