Date:      Sat, 5 Sep 1998 23:28:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Stephen C. Comoletti" <stevec@delanet.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BT848 drivers (Dougs web page)

Your system date is off by a year.

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Stephen C. Comoletti wrote:

> I was looking for the newest release of the bt848 drivers. I found the
> web page Doug put up, however the link to the driver itself is blank. Is
> this temporary? or should I be looking elsewhere for the driver?
> I'm running 2.2.6 on a Gateway P2/266 with 64 megs ram, STB Nitro 3d (s3
> virge gx), and a Hauppage wincast tv card. The card is having problems
> under the old drivers. It will operate, however the picture spans 3/4 of
> my desktop instead of the FXTV window, unless I click on and hold down
> any button on the fxtv window. Then the picture will correct itself. Any
> help appreciated.

I wasn't provided with a driver when I got the web pages.  I've been too
busy to remove the ref on the web page though.

The most current driver is in -CURRENT, which is a pain since it uses
poll() instead of select().  So basically y ou're stuck with what's in
-STABLE, which isn't the latest & greatest.