Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:17:08 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        asmodai@wxs.nl (Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai)
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org, asami@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest gnucash has runtime problems?

> OK,
>
> can anyone on a recent 4-STABLE box compile, and run the latest gnucash?
>
> I removed all dependent ports which I could find and rebuilt the entire
> thing and keep getting:
>
> It appears you do not have the 'slib' scheme library installed.
> You need slib2c4 or later to run GnuCash.
>
> Obtain slib at: http://swissnet.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/SLIB.html
>
> If you have slib installed, you may need to create
> a symbolic link named 'slib' from the guile directory
> (usually /usr/share/guile) to the directory where slib
> is installed.
>
> You may also need to run GnuCash once as root.
>
> (/usr/local/share/guile)
> [21:30] [asmodai@purgatory] (46) {1} $ ll slib
> 0 lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  - 7 Jul  2 22:50 slib@ -> ../slib
>
> [21:31] [asmodai@purgatory] (48) {0} $ cd slib
> (/usr/local/share/guile/slib)
> [21:31] [asmodai@purgatory] (49) {0} $ ls
> Bev2slib.scm    cltime.scm      determ.scm      getopt.scm  [...]
>
> So it looks like something has been forgotten somewhere.
>
> Also tried running it once as root, same problem.

Gmm, strange - it works here like a charm, and so far gnome@FreeBSD.org
has not been filled up with angry "Hey Gucash is borken" reports, which,
believe me, is a good indicator that there is some local configuration
problem on your box. Have you tried to remove and rebuild/reinstall
from scratch all packages gnucash relies upon (slib, guile, etc.)?

> [reason I am not sending this to gnome@ is because it appears to be
> aliased to /dev/null]

What makes you think so? So far, despite chronical lack of people,
feedback times on gnome@FreeBSD.org is within a reasonable period.

-Maxim