Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:28:05 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netware Client for Freebsd?

In the last episode (Apr 29), Dennis said:

> Does FreeBSD IPX support 802.3 frames and will Boris's client run on
> a 2.2.8 machine?  Unfortunately netcon's stuff isnt compatible with
> our bridge or bandwidth manager without some hacking.

I believe the current FreeBSD IPX code only does Ethernet_II framing.
Most of the time, this isn't a problem, since you can always load up
E_II on a Novell server and let it route between the networks.

Boris's code is targetted at -current, but it looks like his webpage at
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/ includes replacement /sys/netipx/* files for
2.2.8, plus a new IPXrouted.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com