Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2008 03:20:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Karin Willers <karin@visti.de>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: snooping an external 400kHz+ i2cbus

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Karin Willers wrote:

 > you can have a look at the Beagle I2C/SPI/MDIO Protocol Analyzer at
 >
 > http://www.totalphase.com/products/beagle_usb12/
 >
 > Although I never used that thingie myself, I would consider buying it
 > when the need arises.

Thanks Karin, nice site and all.  That or perhaps even their Aardvark

 http://www.totalphase.com/products/aardvark_i2cspi/

might do the job, if there's any chance of their linux software working,
or being made to, and then if it works with our usb (gulp?).  The xml
scripting looks interesting at first glance.

Aardvark only snoops up to 125kHz but looks good for master or slave,
and may be the only one to work with USB 1.1 ports, ie both my laptops.

Grabbed everything in sight, so have days of reading ahead.  If the
code and hardware is up to the quality of the docs, it looks like a
winner at those prices.  Lots of other good links from there too.

cheers, Ian